Beef Stir Fry
A quick and easy, healthy beef stir fry. Feel free to add some chilli if you like a bit of extra heat!
Serves 1 with leftovers
Calories per serve: 307
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g beef sirloin, cut into strips
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cm fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp chinese five spice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 200 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 1 bunch pak choi, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp tamari sauce
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Add half a tbsp of olive oil to a large wok and place over a medium heat for approximately 2 minutes. Add the beef and brown it, then remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil and add the mushrooms, ginger, five spice and garlic and cook for approximately 4 minutes.
- Next add in the broccoli, capsicum and pak choi and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Re-add the beef strips and stir in the soy sauce and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until warm.
- Divide in two and place half of the stir-fry into an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Place the other half of the stir-fry into a serving bowl, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
For the leftovers: When you are ready for the leftovers, simply reheat and enjoy for lunch the next day
Want to look at more low calorie, low carb Mediterranean style recipes you can do yourself? Find out more!
Looking to try the Fast 800 but need some extra recipes, advice and support? Try out the 12 week programme! All costing you less than a daily cup of coffee.