Salmon and Broccoli Pesto Poké Bowl
Poké bowls (pronounced ‘poh-keh’) are everywhere these days. Hailing from Hawaii, they are simple and fresh and easy to transport for a working lunch.
Calories per serve: 446
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 15g quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ¼ head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 10g pine nuts
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ lemon
- 20g rocket (arugula)
- 50g full fat cottage cheese
- 100g tinned salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Cook the quinoa in water, according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare your broccoli pesto. Start by steaming the broccoli until tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool before continuing. Add the pine nuts to a blender and pulse to roughly chop. Add the drained and cooled broccoli and continue to pulse until finely chopped. Add the avocado and squeeze the lemon juice in and blend again until just combined. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Build your poké bowl. Start with a layer of quinoa and top it with segments of rocket (arugula), cottage cheese, salmon, cucumber and tomatoes. Top with broccoli pesto. Mix the ingredients together as you eat and enjoy!
Want to look at more low calorie, low carb Mediterranean style recipes you can do yourself? Find more here!
Looking to try The Fast 800 but need some extra recipes, advice and support? Join our online programme here, costing you less than a daily cup of coffee!