Simplest Pancakes Ever!
This simple pancake recipe is perfect for days where you fancy something different, but don’t have a lot of food in the house!
Using just three ingredients, all of which you’ll likely already have at home, you can make a batch of pancakes in under 10 minutes. On a non-fasting day, make sure you top them with fruit (we recommend berries, apples and pears) and full fat Greek yogurt for additional healthy fats and protein.
Calories per serve: 330
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and stir in the mashed banana. Combine until the mixture is smooth. Alternatively, throw it all in a blender for a really smooth consistency.
- Heat oil in a fry pan, add small portions of the mixture and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side (or until the batter has set and pancakes are golden). Flip them carefully as they are a little fragile.
- Serve and enjoy!
- A dollop of full fat Greek yogurt is a great addition to these pancakes without adding too many calories.
- On a non-fasting day: make a coolis from frozen mixed berries by stewing them in a small pot on the stove for 5 minutes and serve with full fat Greek yogurt.