Asian Beef Salad
Lots of great Asian flavours makes this salad a really delicious lunch or dinner.
Calories per serving: 306
Prep time: 15 minutes + marinating time
Cooking time: 6 minutes + resting time
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp tamari sauce
- 4 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g rump steak
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 baby gem lettuce, sliced
- Mint leaves, handful roughly torn
- Basil leaves, handful roughly torn
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 40g salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Place the lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil, tamari, ginger and garlic in a non-metallic shallow bowl and mix together. Add the steak and toss in the marinade. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a griddle pan to hot and cook the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the griddle and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss together the spring onions, radishes, lettuce, torn herbs, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Serve over two plates.
- Slice the steak across the grain and add to the plates.
- Serve with a sprinkling of chopped peanuts.
- To ensure this recipe is gluten-free, please check the label of the tamari sauce to ensure there are no sources of gluten.