Chocolate, Pistachio and Cranberry Pennies
Simple, quick and easy treats for those times where a little chocolate fix is just what you need!
Calories per serving: 75
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: Nil
100g plain dark chocolate (around 85% cocoa solids)
25g unsalted, shelled raw pistachios
- Line a medium sized baking tray with baking paper.
- On high heat, bring a medium sized saucepan of water to boil.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in heatproof bowl. Reduce heat of saucepan to low and place bowl with chocolate on top of saucepan. Stir chocolate while it is melting.
- After approximately 5 minutes, once chocolate has melted, carefully remove from heat.
- Using a teaspoon, pour individual spoonfuls of melted chocolate onto baking tray. Scatter pistachios and cranberries on top of each melted chocolate piece.
- Place in fridge and leave to set for a 2-3 hours. Once set use a knife to gently remove pennies from baking paper and place in container. Can be stored for up to a week.