Chocolate, Pistachio and Cranberry Pennies
Simple, quick and easy treats for those times where a little chocolate fix is just what you need!
Calories per serving: 75
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: Nil
100g plain dark chocolate (around 85% cocoa solids)
25g unsalted, shelled raw pistachios
- Line a medium sized baking tray with baking paper.
- On high heat, bring a medium sized saucepan of water to boil.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in heatproof bowl. Reduce heat of saucepan to low and place bowl with chocolate on top of saucepan. Stir chocolate while it is melting.
- After approximately 5 minutes, once chocolate has melted, carefully remove from heat.
- Using a teaspoon, pour individual spoonfuls of melted chocolate onto baking tray. Scatter pistachios and cranberries on top of each melted chocolate piece.
- Place in fridge and leave to set for a 2-3 hours. Once set use a knife to gently remove pennies from baking paper and place in container. Can be stored for up to a week.
Want to look at more low calorie, low carb Mediterranean style recipes you can do yourself? Find more here!
Looking to try The Fast 800 but need some extra recipes, advice and support? Try out the 12 week programme here. All costing you less than a daily cup of coffee.