Chocolate Protein Porridge
Chocolate for breakfast that is nutritionist approved? What’s not to love?! Full of fibre, protein and antioxidant rich cacao, this protein porridge is delicious and feels indulgent, bringing a little bit of comfort and luxury to your mornings.
Oats by themselves are quite low in protein, so porridge for breakfast isn’t always the best start to the day, leaving you feeling hungry shortly afterwards. This chocolate protein porridge is a bit of a twist on one of our absolute member favourite meals. Our nutritionist, Gabi, has tweaked it a little to increase the protein content, making it the perfect start to the day, whether you’re fasting or not!
Calories per serving: 490
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 40g whole rolled oats
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 15g chia seeds
- 200ml full fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 80g cottage cheese
- 50g raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Place the oats, cacao, chia seeds and milk in a small pan with 100ml water (per serve) and bring to a simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until you have a smooth creamy porridge.
- Take off the heat, stir in the cottage cheese and serve with raspberries (defrost if using frozen).
- If you’re prepping for the week, you can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- You can freeze your chocolate protein porridge for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- In general, oats are not considered gluten-free. However, evidence does show that uncontaminated oats are well tolerated by most people with coeliac disease. Please choose your oats carefully if you would like to make this recipe gluten-free.