Eggs and Avocado: Keto Breakfast Recipe
- Prep time:5 mins
- Cook time:15 mins
One of our Health Coaches, Moira, has shared a delicious high-protein Keto breakfast recipe to help kickstart your day. This recipe is quick and easy to make and will keep you feeling full for longer thanks to its healthy fats and protein content.
The Fast 800 Programme is a great place to start if you’re looking to find a short-term Keto plan, it’s been designed to help people lose weight, and keep it off. Our nutritionist has recently updated the Keto meal plans to make them even more tasty, low-cost, and easier to follow. Give it a go today with our 7-day free trial.
- 10g butter
- 100g mushrooms, quartered
- 60g spinach
- 2 eggs
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes, optional
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat and melt the butter. Add the mushrooms with a little salt and pepper - cook for 5-8 minutes until cooked through and browning.
- Add the spinach and stir through the mushrooms until wilted. Alternatively, remove mushrooms (keep warm) and wilt the spinach in the pan - it may need a little splash of water. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook the eggs as you wish (we like scrambled!), depending on your pan you may need a little extra butter or olive oil so they don’t stick.
- Serve the mushrooms, spinach and eggs with the avocado and a sprinkle of chilli flakes (if you wish).
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Non-fasting day? Serve with a slice of wholemeal or rye sourdough toast.
- If substituting with frozen spinach, use about 3/4 of the weight of the fresh spinach.