Cranberry Pistachio Biscuits
- Prep time:10 mins
- Cook time:15 mins
These Cranberry Pistachio Biscuits are quick and easy to make as well as being perfect for gifting. They’re ideal for when you fancy something sweet, and are much healthier than a box of chocolates. Make sure you share these treats with loved ones, to spread the love this season!
Festive sweet treats are often filled with sugar and preservatives, but with a deliciously healthy recipe like this one, there’s no need to compromise your health. One of our top tips for reducing your calorie or carb intake is to make simple switches of calorific ingredients.
For example, this healthy biscuit recipe uses alternatives like ground almonds instead of flour to improve its nutritional content. Ground almonds contain vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, fibre, and antioxidants that regular flour just doesn’t have. It’s also rich in magnesium which helps manage blood sugars, particularly for those who suffer from illnesses like type 2 diabetes.
Similarly, using naturally sweet ingredients like desiccated coconut, dates, vanilla extract, and cranberries replaces the need for ultra-processed alternatives, like sugar or chocolate. It’s an added bonus that they also have antioxidant, neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory properties.
Recipes like this one can truly help support a healthy lifestyle, as they’re in line with Mediterranean-style diet principles but still satisfy those sweet cravings. Enjoy a couple of these bite-sized healthy biscuits with a warm cup of herbal tea, or gift a full batch of 20 by wrapping with a bow to give to a loved one this festive season. They’re sure to thank you for them!
Read more of our festive health hacks and get ready for the festive season with the help of The Fast 800 Programme with new workouts, celebration recipes and festive menus. Start your 7-day free trial today.
Please note: Nutritional information is for a single biscuit.
- 120g ground almonds
- 30g desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 50g coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 40g soft pitted dates, finely chopped
- pinch salt
- 20g pistachio, roughly chopped
- 20g unsweetened cranberries, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to fan forced 160°C/180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients, except the pistachios and cranberries, into a medium bowl and blitz with a stick blender until it forms a dough.
- Stir in the pistachios and cranberries until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 20 small balls and place onto the baking trays - they won’t spread much so it’s okay to arrange them close together. Flatten each of them to around 1cm thick, then bake for about 15 minutes, or until firm and turning golden brown around the edges.
- Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Perfect for gifting!
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Wrap them up with a bow and gift to loved ones this festive season for a cute little treat (that’s much healthier than a box of chocolates).
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- If following a gluten free diet, please check the label of the baking powder to ensure there are no sources of gluten.