Orange Kombucha Mocktail
- Prep time:3 mins
- Cook time:0 mins
It’s that wonderful time of year again, filled with Christmas get-togethers, festive food and delicious drinks, and this year there’s no need to feel left out if you’re focusing on your health. Avoid the nasties that come with drinking alcohol and sugary drinks (like the dreaded hangovers) by enjoying delicious, alcohol-free mocktail recipes for these very occasions. Introducing our Orange Kombucha Mocktail: tasty, festive, and even gut-loving!
This fun, refreshing and alcohol-free drink is loaded with gut-friendly bacteria and perfect for those looking to reduce their alcohol intake over the festive season. The basis for this mocktail is, as you may have guessed, kombucha; a fermented sweet tea that contains naturally occurring beneficial microbes for your gut.
As we know, fermented foods are a happy gut’s best friend. The process of fermentation encourages yeast or bacteria to break down carbohydrates (sugars) into alcohol or acid, creating probiotics which help to feed and balance our gut microbiome. This leads to a whole host of benefits from reducing your risk of various chronic illnesses to improving your mood. While you can make kombucha yourself at home, you can easily source it at most supermarkets or health food shops.
The sweetness in this festive mocktail comes from the squeezed juice of half an orange, and while we always say fruit should be enjoyed in moderation due to its sugar content, it’s preferable over artificially sweetened drinks or syrups. Garnishing this drink with a sprig of thyme adds that familiar festive flavour, and elevates your drink to the next level!
Now all that’s left to do is to enjoy at home or prepare for a party to add a little sparkle to your December.
Read more of our festive health hacks and get ready for the festive season with the help of The Fast 800 Programme with new workouts, celebration recipes and festive menus. Start your 7-day free trial today.
- 150ml kombucha (see notes)
- 150ml sparkling mineral water
- 1/2 orange
- fresh thyme, for garnish
- Set up a glass with ice
- Pour in kombucha, sparkling water and squeeze the juice of half an orange
- Garnish with a slice of orange and a thyme sprig
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Kombucha is a fermented sweet tea that contains naturally occurring beneficial microbes for your gut. It can be found in the refrigerator section of the supermarket and health food stores. Avoid kombucha in the soft drink aisles as this generally has added sugars and doesn’t contain the live microbes
- The nutritional information will vary depending on the brand of kombucha added