Easter Protein Balls
These hot cross bun flavoured Easter balls are a great healthy alternative to traditional bread buns.
Makes 14 balls
Calories per ball: 107
Prep time: 10 minutes + 1 hour to set
Cooking time: Nil
- 100 g almond flour
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 100 g The Fast 800 Vanilla Shake
- 10 g chia seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 3 Medjool dates, chopped
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 15 g tahini paste
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse on high until well combined.
- Using hands, shape mixture into 14 even balls.
- Place balls in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Leftover tip: Left over portions can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
An optional extra: Make Easter crosses on the protein balls by mixing together 25 g of The Fast 800 Vanilla shake powder with enough melted coconut oil to make a pourable consistency. Use a teaspoon to carefully draw crosses over each ball.