Keto fish recipe: Caulirice Kedgeree
- Prep time:20 mins
- Cook time:20 mins
Recipe adapted from The Fast 800 Keto Recipe book.
This flavourful keto fish recipe is as delicious as it is filling. Adapted from Dr Clare Bailey’s new recipe book, this dish uses cauliflower rice to keep it a low-carb version of a kedgeree recipe, with added protein from eggs and whichever smoked fish you choose.
This keto fish recipe uses smoked fish as it is higher in Omega-3 fatty acids and lacks the additional fat used in the cooking process. Fish is high in vitamin D and other nutrients that are particularly beneficial for reducing the risk of chronic conditions like type 2 diabetes. There’s nothing better than knowing you’re getting health benefits as well as enjoying a delicious meal!
- 1 large free range egg
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 120g cod fillet (or any smoked fish)
- 100ml full fat milk
- 10g raisins
- 100g cauliflower, riced
- ¼ courgette, sliced
- 3g chia seeds (½ tbsp per serve)
- fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ lemon, juice
- Soft boil the egg/s in a small pan of water for 5-6 minutes then drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Place the onion in a pan with the oil and saute for a few minutes. Stir in the curry powder, bay leaf and fish, then top with the milk - bring this to simmer.
- Add the raisins, cauliflower, courgette and chia seeds and put on the lid. Let this cook for about 5 minutes - until the fish in cooked through.
- Peel your egg/s and chop in half.
- Remove the bay leaves, break up the fish fillet and stir through the parsley and lemon. Serve in a bowl topped with an egg.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- Choose any smoked fish, such as haddock or cod.