Low Carb Minestrone
- Prep time:5 mins
- Cook time:15 mins
Adapted from The Fast 800 Keto Recipe Book
Our low-carb minestrone keto soup is a hearty all-rounder. With a tasty tomato base, protein-packed edamame beans and chunks of succulent chicken, it’s a wonderfully filling, healthy version of the classic. Great for batch cooking and saving for later, and taking just 20 minutes from start to finish, it’s sure to be a staple in your home once you give it a go.
Minestrone soup may originally be a Mediterranean dish, but it doesn’t have all the nutrients needed for keeping blood sugars low and protecting you from chronic conditions like type 2 diabetes, like a Mediterranean-style, keto diet does. This low-carb minestrone, however, has it all… including parmesan cheese to melt on top.
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tbsp tomato paste
- 250ml chicken stock
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 20g edamame beans
- 100g cooked chicken, chopped
- 15g parmesan, grated
- In a pot, saute the onion and celery in the olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste, stir for another minute or so before adding the stock and bringing to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, add the red pepper, edamame and chicken. Cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add the parmesan - stir through for a lovely creamy soup.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Non-fasting day? You could add barley or some extra beans.
- No cooked chicken? No worries! Fry off 125g raw chicken per serve and add in at the same time.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- Edamame soybeans can be found in the freezer or tinned section (in pods or podded).