Keto Mushroom Pesto Frittata
- Prep time:10 mins
- Cook time:25 mins
These quick and easy frittatas are great for batch cooking and taking to work throughout the week for a healthy lunch. Meal prepping and careful planning is often what keeps people on track, especially when food distractions are so prevalent in the workplace. They’re also cheap to make and can be enjoyed hot or cold, whichever you prefer!
- 120g mushrooms
- 2 spring onion, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 80g spinach
- 8 eggs
- 40g basil pesto – if buying pesto, read the ingredients list and ensure it doesn’t use vegetable oil (olive is best)
- 80g feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4 or 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Grease a large muffin tin (or regular muffin tin).
- Saute mushrooms and spring onion in olive oil for a few minutes to soften the mushrooms.
- Add spinach and wilt.
- Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs with the pesto.
- Portion the veggies evenly between muffin wells. If using a large muffin tray, it will make 1 per serve (4 in total), if using a regular muffin tray you may get 2-3 per serve or 8-12 in total.
- Pour in the eggs and top with crumbled feta.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden on top and springy to the touch.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- Some brands of cheese (including feta) may contain rennet so are not strictly vegetarian. Check the product you buy uses vegetarian ingredients. Brands vary, it is always important to read labels first.
- Serve with a crunchy green salad or steamed low calorie non-starchy vegetables.