Low calorie dessert – Layered Crushed Berries
This low calorie dessert is suitable to serve to guests who may not be following The Fast 800. A simple chia berry “jam” layered with a creamy, good quality, full-fat Greek yogurt looks delightfully decadent but it’s deceptively simple. Scatter with toasted almonds for a little extra crunch.
Make this layered crushed berry, low calorie dessert ahead of time and keep in the fridge for an easy pre-portioned dessert to share at dinner parties.
Calories per serving: 212
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: Nil
- 200g mixed berries, such as strawberries (hulled), blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 200g full-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- Put the berries in a bowl, reserving some for garnish. Gently mash and stir through the chia seeds. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Mix the yogurt and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Layer the fruit and yoghurt into glasses. Garnish with the extra berries and serve. You can make this ahead of time and let it set in the fridge before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.