Low Carb, Keto Burger
- Prep time:20 mins
- Cook time:30 mins
This keto burger is a great option if you’re looking to lower your intake of carbohydrates and help your body get into ketosis. A standard takeaway burger will leave you feeling unsatisfied and hungry, being packed with refined carbs and trans fat. However, our burger will give you long-lasting energy, help you burn fat and lose weight for better health.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- poppy seeds, optional
- 100g lean beef mince
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 20g cheddar cheese, slice
- ¼ baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- ¼ tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp whole egg mayonnaise (new ingredient)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to fan forced 160°C/180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, egg, milk, almond and coconut flour and baking powder. Stir with a whisk until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Lightly grease a 12cm/4inch circular ramekin/s.
- Pour batter into a ramekin/s and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the surface of the bread springs back when touched rather than sinking in.
- Let the bread cool slightly.
- While the bun/s are baking, make your burger patties: mix the beef mince with oregano, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Form into round patties (about the same size as your ramekins).
- Fry your patties in a pan over medium high heat for a few minutes on each side.
- Once flipped, place the cheese slice on top and turn the heat to low and put a lid on the pan to encourage the cheese to melt.
- Use a spatula to loosen the bread from the sides of the ramekin and turn out.
- Slice your bun in half horizontally and spread the mayonnaise over before layering in your lettuce and tomato.
- Top with your burger pattie and the top of the bun. Enjoy!
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Serve with a crunchy green salad or steamed low calorie non-starchy vegetables.