Low Sugar Chocolate Bark
- Prep time:20 mins
- Cook time:0 mins
This homemade, low sugar chocolate is so simple to prepare with no cooking required! Deliciously decadent, this nutty chocolate bark feels like a real treat without any of the sugar of your standard Easter egg or bunny. The combination of crunchy nuts and The Fast 800 Shakes powder also makes this chocolate surprisingly high in protein per serve.
- 4 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 60ml water, boiled
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 100g The Fast 800 Chocolate Shakes
- 40g cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 70g almonds, chopped
- 30g macadamia, chopped
- 30g hazelnuts, chopped
- 30g pepitas, chopped
- Line a baking tin with baking paper. We used 20cm x 20xm tins, but you could use something longer for a thinner bark.
- Make a date paste: submerge chopped dates into hot water and let steep for 1 minute. Then use a fork or hand blender to mix into a paste.
- Melt coconut oil and transfer to a large bowl. Whisk in date paste, cacao powder, Shakes powder, vanilla extract and salt.
- Mix the chopped nuts and pepitas together.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the lined tray and sprinkle nuts over the top - gently press the nuts into the chocolate so they’re still sitting at the top, but will be held firmly in place once set.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to harden up before chopping into 16 portions.
Sign up, learn more and get 10% off your first order!
Designed for convenience with a focus on fasting day nutrition. Sign up to our email newsletter to learn more about The Fast 800 Products and receive a welcome treat from us!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Great for gifting to the chocolate lovers in your life!
- You can buy our Shakes for this recipe in the UK, Australia or New Zealand - find them at our online store here: www.thefast800.com/meal-replacements