Ricotta Fritters with Salmon and Beetroot
- Prep time:20 mins
- Cook time:10 mins
This member-favourite recipe is a fantastic option for those practising TRE (time-restricted eating) and prefer to eat two meals a day, rather than three.
With a whopping 40.9g protein in each serving, this dish is sure to keep you energised throughout the day and it also happens to be absolutely delicious – a win-win in our opinion!
We understand this recipe has some higher-cost ingredients so, enjoy it as a treat on a weekend and take time to really enjoy every bite. We like to think of it as a great alternative to a breakfast or lunch out at a cafe! Or, if you are looking to lower the cost of this recipe, replace the smoked salmon with an alternative oily fish of your choice.
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 0.5 raw beetroot, grated
- sea salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 80g fresh ricotta 2.8 oz
- 5g parmesan, grated 0.175 oz
- 40g almond meal
- 10g fresh chives, chopped
- 10g flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 140g smoked salmon, fillet or slices
- Make a quick pickle by pouring the apple cider vinegar over the beetroot with a little salt. Stir through and set aside in the fridge.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolk, ricotta, parmesan and ground almonds together with the chives and parsley. Set this aside while you whisk the egg white/s into soft peaks in a separate bowl.
- Fold the egg whites through the ricotta mix gently - trying to keep as much air in as possible.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan and drop tablespoons of batter in (about 3-4 per serving) - flatten them out so they’re an even thickness. Cook for 2 minutes on each side - until golden brown and set in the middle. Tip: cook in batches if your fry pan is small.
- Serve warm, topped with the beetroot and flake over smoked salmon. Sprinkle with some extra chives.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat the fritters and serve with cold beetroot and salmon.