Tuna Cups: A Quick, Low-Carb Lunch Option
Tuna cups are a great option for busy days where time isn’t on you side. They take just 15 minutes to put together and will keep you fuller for longer with as they’re packed with healthy fats and protein, yet low in carbs.
Great food doesn’t need to be gourmet, or take hours to prepare. Tuna is a great source of protein and simple to throw into salads, always buy in olive oil which can double up as a tasty dressing.
Calories per serving: 432
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 90g tuna in olive oil, drained weight
- 1/4 cucumber
- 50g plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ avocado
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Mash avocado, tuna and yogurt together with apple cider vinegar and season.
- Scoop the tuna mixture into your lettuce cups and top with cucumber.
- Store leftovers tuna mix in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- If not eating immediately, keep the tuna mix separate from the lettuce leaves in the fridge.
- Add a few chilli flakes if you want a little spice. Other options to add to your tuna cups are coriander, garlic powder, paprika and lemon juice.