- Prep time:10 mins
- Cook time:30 mins
Inspired by the quiche King Charles III chose for his coronation.
Traditional quiche is a simple dish that can be made a little more fasting-friendly (and keto!) by simply omitting the pastry, and that’s exactly what we’ve done! Using frozen broad beans means this dish can be made all year round. In addition to their high protein and fibre content, broad beans are packed with micronutrients like folate, magnesium, and iron, making them one powerful little bean with impressive health benefits. Cook this dish for one, or for many.
With food and drink often being central to celebrations, we want to make sure there’s no missing out on upcoming celebrations. So, dazzle your family, friends and street with this scrumptious recipe, fit for any occasion.
- 8 large free range eggs
- 120ml full fat milk
- 120g ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 80g frozen spinach, defrosted
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 120g cheddar cheese, grated
- 80g broad beans, defrosted and shelled
- Preheat the oven to fan forced 180°C/200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk and ricotta together with salt and pepper. Add spinach and tarragon and stir through.
- Place shelled broad beans into an oven-safe dish and pour over the egg mix. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top (some will sink, this is okay).
- Bake until set - about 30 minutes (rotate and check after about 20 minutes, larger batches will need longer).
- Serve with a fresh side salad and enjoy with family and friends.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.