Easy Chocolate Mug Cake
When you’re after that chocolatey-hit – this easy chocolate mug cake with it’s gooey flowing centre will satisfy that craving without the sugar hit. Low-carb and low calorie, this dessert is sure to please! Whip up this decadent mug cake in a matter of minutes.
Calories per serving: 210
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medjool dates, finely chopped
- 1 egg, whisked
- 25g almond meal
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 10g dark chocolate
- 30g fresh berries, for topping
- If solid, melt the coconut oil in a mug in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add dates, egg, almond meal, cacao powder and baking powder to the mug and mix well with a fork. Add a tsp or two of water if needed to mix thoroughly.
- Submerge the chocolate into the middle of the mix and microwave on high for 60 seconds (this may differ depending on your microwave wattage). The cake will have risen and be shrinking away from the edges of the mug.
- Turn the cake out and cut in half to reveal the gooey centre. Split between two and serve with fresh berries.
- If following a gluten free diet, please check the label of the baking powder to ensure there are no sources of gluten.