A Sweet Dessert – The Plum Crumble
A tart and sweet dessert, this plum crumble is rich in colour, vitamin C, magnesium and calcium. A chewy crumble on top complements the soft plums – and is so easy to whip up! Just stew your fruit, mix your crumble and bake for a delicious, sweet dessert or indulgent breakfast.
Calories per serving: 187
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 plums, de-stoned and diced
- 60g frozen blueberries
- 40g whole rolled oats
- 30g butter, diced and softened
- 20g almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 120g full fat Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
2. In a pot on the stove, stew plums and blueberries for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Mix oats, butter, almonds and cinnamon together in a bowl – until it sticks together.
4. Scoop the plum mixture into a small baking dish and top with the oats. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Serve with a scoop of greek yoghurt.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- Freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for a convenient meal.
- In general, oats are not considered gluten-free. However, evidence does show that uncontaminated oats are well tolerated by most people with coeliac disease. Please choose your oats carefully if you would like to make this recipe gluten-free.