Healthy Crumble Recipe
- Prep time:10 mins
- Cook time:20 mins
A healthy crumble recipe? Yes, you definitely read that right! A tart and sweet dessert, this plum crumble is rich in colour, vitamin C, magnesium and calcium. A chewy crumble on top complements the soft plums – and is so easy to whip up! Just stew your fruit, mix your crumble and bake for a delicious, sweet dessert or indulgent breakfast.
Perfect for the whole family, and fun to make too! Our healthy crumble recipe can be adapted to the fruit you already have. You can swap the plums out with apples, pears or berries for a low in sugar and cost, delicious dessert.
- 4 plums, de-stoned and diced
- 60g frozen blueberries
- 40g whole rolled oats
- 30g butter, diced and softened
- 20g almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 120g full-fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- In a pot on the stove, stew plums and blueberries for approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix oats, butter, almonds and cinnamon together in a bowl – until it sticks together.
- Scoop the plum mixture into a small baking dish and top with the oats. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of greek yogurt.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- Freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for a convenient meal.
- In general, oats are not considered gluten-free. However, evidence does show that uncontaminated oats are well tolerated by most people with coeliac disease. Please choose your oats carefully if you would like to make this recipe gluten-free.