Fish and Chips For Fasting
A family favourite that you can enjoy without feeling the need to make them another meal. Fish and Chips is the ultimate Friday night meal, and you’ll love this low carb version. It’s easy to add some extra potato or sweet potato for those not fasting in the family.
Calories per serve: 414 calories
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
1 tbsp olive oil
1 parsnip, cut into thick batons
300g celeriac, cut into thick batons
1 carrot, cut into thick batons
300g white fish, in two fillets
30g almond meal
½ lemon, zest and juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Toss the vegetable batons in the oil with salt and pepper – spread in a single layer over the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix almond meal and lemon zest with a little salt and lightly coat one side of the fish fillets.
- Remove vegetables from oven, gently flip batons and make space in the middle for the fish fillets – return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes until the fish is cooked through and “chips” are browned.
- Serve each fish fillet on a bed of rocket with the chips and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat and serve.
- If making for a family, feel free to include some potato or sweet potato.