Keto Pizza, Your New Friday Night Favourite
- Prep time:20 mins
- Cook time:40 mins
If you’re a fan of the Friday night classic pizza, but want to maintain a healthy lifestyle then our keto pizza may just satisfy that craving. With just a handful of ingredients, and completely customisable topping options (if it’s not a fasting day, feel free to add mozzarella to the top), it can be a fun one to make.
Though pizza may seem Mediterranean, it’s missing all those essential nutrients for keeping your blood sugars low, protecting you from chronic conditions like type 2 diabetes and a whole host of other benefits from eating a Mediterranean-style diet, which is what makes our version so fantastic!
- 200 g cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 25 g almond meal
- 1 large free range egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 15g basil pesto (choose a basil pesto that is olive oil based with minimal ingredients)
- 60g pumpkin, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 10g rocket
- sea salt
- black pepper
- chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, gas mark 6. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Place pumpkin slices into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the pumpkin is baking, place the cauliflower into a food processor and process until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Decant into a bowl and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes, until softened (or steam).
- Tip into a clean tea cloth and leave to cool for a few minutes. When cool enough to handle, scrunch up the tea cloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible (this is so your base doesn’t go soggy).
- Transfer the cauliflower back to the bowl and mix in the ground almonds, egg and oregano. Season well.
- Tip the cauliflower mixture onto the other prepared baking sheet and using your hands, press into a 10-15cm circle for each serve, with a slightly higher rim around the outside.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden.
- When the cauliflower base is cooked, remove from the oven and spread over pesto and top with pumpkin slices.
- Bake for another 5-6 minutes then serve topped with fresh rocket and chilli flakes, cut into wedges.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat (oven is best) and serve.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for up to 1 month. Defrost and reheat (in the oven is best) before serving.
- If it’s not a fasting day, you could add some mozzarella cheese or extra vegetables of choice!