Keto Pizza, Your New Friday Night Favourite
Our keto pizza is the perfect option if you love this classic, Friday night favourite but want to maintain a healthy lifestyle. While pizza may sound Mediterranean, it’s missing a few ingredients that can help keep your blood sugars low and protect you from chronic conditions, such as type 2 diabetes.
Calories per serving: 374 calories
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Keto Pizza Ingredients
- 200 g cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 25 g almond meal
- 1 large free range egg, beaten
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 15g basil pesto (choose a basil pesto that is olive oil based with minimal ingredients)
- 60g pumpkin, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 10g rocket
- sea salt
- black pepper
- chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, gas mark 6. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Place pumpkin slices into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the pumpkin is baking, place the cauliflower into a food processor and process until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Decant into a bowl and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes, until softened (or steam).
- Tip into a clean tea cloth and leave to cool for a few minutes. When cool enough to handle, scrunch up the tea cloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible (this is so your base doesn’t go soggy).
- Transfer the cauliflower back to the bowl and mix in the ground almonds, egg and oregano. Season well.
- Tip the cauliflower mixture onto the other prepared baking sheet and using your hands, press into a 10-15cm circle for each serve, with a slightly higher rim around the outside.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden.
- When the cauliflower base is cooked, remove from the oven and spread over pesto and top with pumpkin slices.
- Bake for another 5-6 minutes then serve topped with fresh rocket and chilli flakes, cut into wedges.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat (oven is best) and serve.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for up to 1 month. Defrost and reheat (in the oven is best) before serving.
- If it’s not a fasting day, you could add some mozzarella cheese or extra vegetables of choice!