Keto Friendly, Sesame Crusted Chicken Kiev
Adapted from the recipes found in The Fast 800 Keto.
Stuffing the chicken with herbed cream cheese makes for a delicious burst of flavour in the centre. Skipping the usual breadcrumbs and opting for sesame seeds not only improves the micronutrient profile of your Kiev but avoids adding extra carbs, making this meal super keto-friendly. Enjoy with a fresh salad in summer or some roast veg in winter.
Calories per serving 366
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
- 15g sesame seeds
- 120g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 20g cream cheese, softened
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ lemon
- Preheat the oven to fanforced 180°C/200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with paper, and pour the sesame seeds onto a plate.
- Between two sheets of baking paper, use a rolling pin or similar to bash the chicken thighs until they are evenly flat (about half the thickness).
- Mix the cream cheese with garlic and chives and salt and pepper – spread over half of each chicken thigh. Fold the empty half over and press the edges to seal the cream cheese in.
- Press the chicken into the sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat – when hot, fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden (it will not be cooked through).
- Transfer the chicken to the baking tray (or use the frypan if it’s oven safe) and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and fresh salad or roast veg (you can roast these alongside your chicken!).
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- Serve with a crunchy green salad or any low calorie non-starchy vegetables.