Keto Chicken Kiev
- Prep time:15 mins
- Cook time:30 mins
Adapted from the recipes found in The Fast 800 Keto.
Our keto chicken kiev is a deliciously warming option for lunch or dinner, and packed with flavour and protein. The crunchy sesame crust paired with the herbed cream cheese filling brings all those indulgent flavours and textures, without sacrificing the nutrients.
Favouring sesame seeds over the usual breadcrumbs brings that same familiar kiev crust, but improves the micronutrient profile of your kiev, cutting down the carbs and making this a super keto-friendly meal. Easy to batch cook, serve either with a fresh summer salad, or wintery roasted vegetables for delicious meals all week.
- 15g sesame seeds
- 120g skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 20g cream cheese, softened
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Line a baking tray with paper.
- Pour the sesame seeds onto a plate.
- Between two sheets of baking paper, use a rolling pin or similar to bash the chicken thighs until they are evenly flat (about half the original thickness).
- Mix the cream cheese with garlic and chives and salt and pepper – spread over half of each chicken thigh. Fold the empty half over and press the edges to seal the cream cheese in.
- Press the chicken into the sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat – when hot, fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden (it will not be cooked through).
- Transfer the chicken to the baking tray (or use the frying pan if it’s ovenproof) and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and fresh salad or roast veg (you can roast these alongside your keto chicken Kiev!).
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- Serve with a crunchy green salad or any low calorie non-starchy vegetables.