Mediterranean Mozzarella Chicken
Adding the mozzarella cheese to this low carb dish may seem decadent – but it really does taste delicious and keeps you feeling full and satisfied.
Calories per serving: 375
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Fresh basil, chopped roughly
- 150mls vegetable stock*
- 125g skinless chicken breast
- 30g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion softens. Add the chopped tomatoes, basil leaves and stock then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, lightly pound the chicken breast to increase the surface area and place the chicken in an oven-proof dish. Cover the chicken with the sauce from the pan and add slices of mozzarella to the dish, keeping them in a single layer. Transfer to the oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through (chicken should be white throughout) and the cheese is melted.
* To ensure this recipe is gluten-free, please check the label of this product to ensure there are no sources of gluten.