- Prep time:5 mins
- Cook time:10 mins
Great for breakfast or brunch, this Mediterranean Omelette has a bit of spice to start your day with a spring!
Omelettes are a great meal option as they can be made in less than 15 minutes and are a great way to use leftovers at the end of the week.
A low-cost meal, ideal if you’re cooking for one. If you’re currently looking to reduce your weekly food spend, here are a few further ideas:
- Stick to your shopping list and avoid the end-of-aisle promotions. If you’re looking for complete meal plans and shopping lists, our Online Programme can do the planning for you; you may want to try our 7-day free trial and explore what the programme has to offer.
- Shop in season. These ingredients are often the tastiest and the cheapest; add any in-season vegetables to your Mediterranean Omelette.
- Go frozen! Frozen fruit and vegetables can be a much cheaper option and can reduce food waste.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g baby mushrooms, chopped
- 1 red pepper (capsicum), deseeded and chopped
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 50 g tinned cannellini beans, washed and drained
- chilli flakes
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the pepper has softened.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the cooked mushroom, pepper and beans to the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture back into the frying pan and sprinkle over chilli flakes. Cook until the eggs begin to set, flipping once. Enjoy your Mediterranean Omelette!
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.