Mozzarella Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers make a great filling vegetarian meal. Add extra vegetables or try different types of cheeses (eg. goat’s cheese or feta) for variety.
Calories per serving: 359
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 red pepper (capsicum), halved and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 75g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Next, toss the pepper (capsicum) in half of the olive oil and then place it on the baking tray.
- Combine the mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, garlic and basil leaves together in a small bowl. Use this mixture to fill the capsicum halves.
- Drizzle over the remaining olive oil and then place the stuffed pepper (capsicum) halves in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and the pour over the lemon juice. Enjoy!
Want to look at more low calorie, low carb Mediterranean style recipes you can do yourself? Find out more!
Looking to try the Fast 800 but need some extra recipes, advice and support? Try out the 12 week programme! All costing you less than a daily cup of coffee.