Mint Chocolate Brownie (with extra protein)!
- Prep time:2 mins
- Cook time:2 mins
This deliciously indulgent Mint Chocolate Brownie is just like our chocolate mug cake but with a little twist. Prepared in just two minutes, with only a handful of ingredients, this dish can be quickly whipped up to satisfy those sweet cravings. Although it tastes like dessert, this powerful brownie can be a brilliant source of protein and fibre for breakfast or lunch.
While a traditional brownie is high in sugar and unhealthy fats, we’ve adapted this recipe to include healthy fats and only naturally occurring sugar, in just over 400 calories per portion. This meal is high in protein (providing almost half of your daily recommended protein intake per portion) due to protein-rich Greek yogurt and our brand new Mint Chocolate Shakes Powder. The high protein content will help keep you full until your next meal, reducing your risk of reaching for snacks later.
Using dark chocolate in this recipe also boosts the production of happy hormones, like endorphins, and is a great source of flavanol antioxidants which are linked to a lower risk of heart disease. Plus, with 7.6g of fibre, this Mint Chocolate Brownie won’t just make your mood happy, it’ll make your gut happy too.
If that’s not enough reason to indulge yourself, we don’t know what is!
- 50g The Fast 800 Chocolate Mint Shakes Powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 80ml milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 20g dark chocolate
- 20g plain full-fat greek yogurt
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large mug - stir well to ensure the baking powder is evenly distributed in the mix. Whisk in the milk and oil, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Pop the chocolate pieces into the middle Microwave on high for 80 seconds*.
- Top with yogurt and enjoy!
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Cook time based on a 1000 Watt microwave – cooking time may need to change depending on the wattage of your microwave.