Med Style Portobello Pizzas
A healthy take on an Italian favourite! These pizzas are quick and easy to make and taste great.
Calories per serving: 321
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, (approx. 170g or 6 oz) stems removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 50 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Wash and dry the Portobello mushrooms.
- Pre-heat the oven to grill settings on high heat. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic and half a teaspoon of the mixed herbs together in a small bowl. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom with the oil mixture and place each mushroom, oil side down, onto your baking tray.
- Next, spoon the tomato paste into the mushrooms and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes.
- Place the mushrooms on the baking tray and then transfer to the oven (middle shelf). Grill until the cheese has melted and is golden in colour (this should take about 6 minutes).
- To serve, sprinkle with the remaining mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Want to look at more low calorie, low carb Mediterranean style recipes you can do yourself? Find out more!
Looking to try the Fast 800 but need some extra recipes, advice and support? Try out the 12 week programme! All costing you less than a daily cup of coffee.