Portobello Pizzas, Med Style
- Prep time:5 mins
- Cook time:15 mins
Choosing a healthier lifestyle doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy your favourite flavours and foods! These Portobello Pizzas are quick and easy to make, taste incredible and satisfy that craving for the cheese-topped classic (you can thank us later).
We’re a big fan of a low-carb mushroom recipe, and this one is one of our most popular recipes on our Online Programme as they’re low-carb, filling and fairly cheap to make. You can also load them up with non-starchy vegetables or enjoy them on the side to pack in even more nutrients.
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, (approx. 170g or 6 oz) stems removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 50 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Wash the Portobello mushrooms and pat dry.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat your grill (or oven’s grill setting) to high heat.
- Combine the garlic, olive oil and half a teaspoon of the mixed herbs together in a bowl before brushing the mixture over the bottoms of each mushroom. Then place them oil side down on the baking tray.
- Spoon the tomato paste into the mushrooms before sprinkling with the mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes (and any other non-starchy vegetable topping you’d like to add).
- Transfer the tray of mushroom pizzas to the grill or oven and grill until the cheese has melted and turned golden in colour. This should take around 6 minutes.
- To serve, season with salt, pepper and the remaining herbs, and enjoy your delicious golden-topped take on the classic Italian dish!
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.