Rice, Halloumi and Red Peppers
Boasting plenty of fibre, your microbiome will love this tangy bowl of deliciousness!
Calories per serving: 283 calories
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 50g (2oz) brown rice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g (9oz) halloumi, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ tsp fresh thyme
- 1 x 480g (17oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cook the rice as per packet instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and fry halloumi until golden. Set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the onions for 3-5 minutes until soft, then add thyme and cook for further 30 seconds.
- Stir in the rice, and then the red peppers. Heat through for a couple of minutes before adding the halloumi.
- Drizzle with apple cider vinegar and season with plenty of black pepper to taste.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Toss in a frypan to reheat when ready to serve.
- Swap in alternatives according to what you have available, e.g. swap in feta if you don’t have halloumi. Use fresh peppers if you don’t have a jar.