Easy Chickpea Tagine
By Dr Clare Bailey
A luscious full-flavoured tagine. Chickpeas are a great source of fibre which your microbiome converts to mood-boosting and immunity-enhancing substances.
Calories per serve: 230
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 small jar mild harissa paste
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and washed
- In a medium pan, sweat the onion in the oil for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Stir in the harissa paste and cook for a few seconds, then add the chickpeas and the tomatoes.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Eat on its own or serve with any greens you have at hand.
Tips: For extra protein add diced fried halloumi, paneer cheese, leftover chicken or a handful of nuts and seeds. For extra flavour add diced garlic, diced ginger, a few chopped dried apricots, chopped coriander, chilli flakes.
If it’s a non-fasting day you could serve with a few tablespoons of brown rice and a drizzle of full fat plain Greek yoghurt.