Low Carb Lasagne: Easy Recipe
- Prep time:15 mins
- Cook time:40 mins
Loved for its cheesy, comforting feel, lasagne is a favourite in many households. This easy low-carb lasagne recipe is a perfect variation of the winter classic when you have those comfort-food cravings. Or, enjoy in the summer with a side of crisp salad.
Known for its sheets of pasta and layers of cheese, we’ve stripped this meal back to basics (while keeping the cheesy goodness) making an easy, low-carb meal the family will still love.
Using a really easy bolognese sauce, this low-carb lasagne is simple to put together, using thinly sliced courgette (zucchini) in place of pasta.
- 300g beef mince
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tin tomato diced
- 120g spinach
- 1 courgette (zucchini), finely sliced into strips
- 100g ricotta
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 20g parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- In a flameproof casserole dish, or small oven-proof pan, saute mince and onion together for 10 minutes, until onion has softened. Add garlic, oregano and tinned tomatoes – cook down for 5-10 minutes before adding the spinach and stirring through. Allow to cook down and thicken for 5 minutes.
- Mix the nutmeg into the ricotta.
- Either transfer the mince to an oven-proof dish or keep in your casserole dish. Flatten the mince mixture, layer on the courgette strips, scoop over the ricotta and top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until browning on top. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- Freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for a convenient meal.
- Serve with a crunchy green salad or steamed green vegetables.