Easy Beetroot and Feta Salad
A simple, raw Beetroot and Feta Salad – it’s an easy salad to make, to transport and to eat!
Beetroot is a great source of fibre, folate, potassium, iron, and vitamin C, but if you’re not a fan of it raw, simply grab some pre-cooked, vacuum-packed beets (found in the veggie section) and chop them up instead.
This easy salad is great for using up leftover lentils or that half a courgette (zucchini) you might have lying around. A super easy meal to prepare, this Beetroot and Feta Salad can be made in advance, or even in the office!
Calories per serve: 349
⅓ x 400g (14oz) tin lentils, drained and rinsed
1 beetroot, grated
½ courgette (zucchini), grated
20g (0.8oz) mixed salad leaves
50g (1.8oz) feta, cubed
¼ lemon, juiced
½ tbsp olive oil
- Layer your salad leaves with grated vege and lentils – top with feta, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Use cooked baby beetroot/beets (found in the refrigerated vegetable section) if you don’t like raw beetroot.
- The drained weights and calories of tinned ingredients will vary (sometimes significantly) from brand to brand. The drained weight of tinned lentils in a single serve of this recipe equates to approx. 78g (2.8oz) and 111 calories.
- Some brands of cheese (including feta) may contain rennet so are not strictly vegetarian. Check the product you buy uses vegetarian ingredients. Brands vary, it is always important to read labels first.
Developed in conjunction with Dr Michael Mosley, The Fast 800 is an innovative approach to healthy living and weight loss based on the latest scientific research.
The online programme is for those that need more support and guidance for achieving long lasting health. Consult your healthcare professional and read our FAQs and medical disclaimer before beginning any diet or fitness regime.