Harissa Meatballs with Yoghurt Dip
- Prep time:50 mins
- Cook time:10 mins
These spicy meatballs and dip are great as a party finger food, or can be served with a salad for a light meal. Meatballs will often contain breadcrumbs or flour to bind them, which increases the carb content and may affect blood sugars. Instead, we use ground almonds to keep the carbs low. Serve with a tangy Greek yoghurt dip!
- 600g minced beef
- 60g ground almonds
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp harissa paste (see Notes)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g plain full fat Greek yoghurt
- Fresh mint, finely chopped
- In a bowl, combine the mince with the almonds, garlic, lemon juice, tomato paste, and harissa. Mix together well.
- Scoop portions of the mixture with a tablespoon and shape into 16 meatballs using wet hands. Cover and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt and the mint in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the meatballs in batches and cook for 7-8 minutes turning occasionally until cooked through.
- Serve the meatballs with the dip.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat or serve cold with your dip.
- Freeze for up to 2 months with baking paper separating the meatballs. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- To ensure this recipe is gluten-free, please check the label of the harissa to ensure there are no sources of gluten if your diet requires this.