High Protein Banana Pancakes
- Prep time:2 mins
- Cook time:15 mins
Picture this: it’s Sunday morning, you’ve had a full night’s sleep, and you’re listening to relaxing music, flipping your high protein banana pancakes. Perfect.
Our new Banana Shake flavour (now available in the UK, Australia and New Zealand) lends itself perfectly to being incorporated into a breakfast recipe. It adds a delicious sweetness to a low-carb pancake batter while containing no added sugar. With the high protein content of the shake paired with the raw ingredients, this recipe contains over half your daily recommended protein and over a third of your daily recommended fibre. These both help keep you feeling fuller for longer and reduce the risk of giving into cravings later in the day.
The addition of a full-fat yogurt topping also makes this recipe high in healthy fats, vitamins and minerals, like B12, providing a much-needed morning energy boost.
Prepared from start to finish in under 20 minutes, meal-prep-able and easy to double up on for the whole family, this recipe really does have it all. So, do we really need to give you more reasons to try this beautiful banana breakfast recipe? Go on, make any day feel like a weekend.
- 40g (1.4 oz) almond meal
- 100g (3.5 oz) The Fast 800 Banana Shake (now available in the UK, Australia and New Zealand)
- 1 large free-range egg
- 125ml (4.4 fl oz) full fat milk
- 1 banana
- 50g full fat yoghurt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the almond meal and Banana Shakes powder, and whisk in your egg and milk to form the batter – there should not be any lumps, if it is too thick add a splash of water.
- In a non-stick frypan, over a medium-low heat, pour in a portion of your batter (should make 4-6 pancakes in total). After about 2 minutes, the top of the pancake should start to form bubbles and dry, flip and cook for a further minute. Depending on your frypan you may need a dash of oil to stop the pancakes from sticking.
- Divide the pancakes between two - topped with yoghurt, banana slices and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.
- Leftover Tip: Store remaining pancakes in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat when ready to serve (or enjoy cold), top with remaining banana and yogurt.