Protein Pancakes, with Stewed Plums and Yogurt
- Prep time:10 mins
- Cook time:15 mins
Quick and easy to whip up, these protein pancakes contain added nutrition from a full serving of our shakes powder.
These protein pancakes are perfect for weekends to keep you fueled throughout the day, and can even be pre-prepared as a chilled breakfast to take to work. Our shakes powder is high in protein, low in sugar and contributes significantly to your daily fibre intake which assists in good gut health. Although the sweetness of the stewed plums and blueberries satisfies those sweet cravings,, our protein pancakes won’t spike your blood sugars and leave you hungry shortly after eating. This recipe was developed by our in-house nutritionists to give you the right balance of healthy fats and keep you going all morning.
For more recipes, using our nutritious shakes powder, click here.
- 2 plums, destoned and sliced
- 60g (2 oz) frozen blueberries
- 40g (1.4 oz) almond meal
- 100g (3.5 oz) vanilla shakes powder
- 1 free range egg
- 125ml (4.4 fl oz) full fat milk
- 2 tbsp full fat yogurt
- Place the plums and frozen blueberries in a small saucepan and stew gently over a low heat.
- Using a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (the almond meal and vanilla shake powder).
- Whisk in the wet ingredients (the egg and milk) to form the batter until there are no lumps: if it’s too thick, add a splash of water.
- Over a medium-low heat, pour a portion of your batter into a frying pan (the mixture should make 4 pancakes in total). After about 1-2 minutes, the top of the pancake should start to form bubbles and dry, flip and cook for a further minute. Depending on your frying pan you may need a dash of extra virgin olive oil to stop the pancakes sticking.
- To serve, top with the stewed plums and blueberries and a tablespoon of yogurt. Enjoy!
Sign up, learn more and get 10% off your first order!
Designed for convenience with a focus on fasting day nutrition. Sign up to our email newsletter to learn more about The Fast 800 Products and receive a welcome treat from us!
- This recipe uses The Fast 800 Vanilla Shakes Powder - you can use the vegan or original version. Available for purchase through our online store here.