Protein Pancakes, with Stewed Plums and Yogurt
Quick and easy to whip up, these protein pancakes have a full serve of our shakes powder in each portion for added nutrition.
This protein pancakes recipe is perfect for weekends to keep you fuelled throughout the day. Our shakes powder is high in protein, low in sugar and contributes significantly to your daily fibre intake. Unlike most pancakes, our version won’t spike your blood sugars and leave you hungry shortly after eating as it’s been nutritionist developed to give you the right balance of healthy fats.
For more recipes, using our nutrient-dense shakes powder, click here.
Calories per serving UK: 443 calories
Calories per serving AUS: 448 calories
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 plums, destoned and sliced
- 60g (2 oz) frozen blueberries
- 40g (1.4 oz) almond meal
- 100g (3.5 oz) vanilla shakes powder
- 1 free range egg
- 125ml (4.4 fl oz) full fat milk
- 2 tbsp full fat yogurt
- In a small pot, over low heat, place the plums and frozen blueberries and stew gently.
- Using a bowl, combine the almond meal and vanilla shakes powder, whisk in your egg and milk to form the batter – there should not be any lumps, if it is too thick add a splash of water.
- In a non-stick frypan, over a medium-low heat, pour in a portion of your batter (should make 4 pancakes in total). After about 1-2 minutes, the top of the pancake should start to form bubbles and dry, flip and cook for a further minute. Depending on your frypan you may need a dash of oil to stop the pancakes from sticking.
- Serve between two topped with stewed plums and a tablespoon of yogurt.
This recipe uses The Fast 800 Vanilla Shakes Powder – you can use the vegan or original version. Available for purchase through our online store here.