Fancy Lamb Kebabs
These lamb kebabs are perfect as a starter to be shared at gatherings or as the main protein with a side salad for a complete and balanced meal. They are also perfect to cook on a barbeque at summer parties or in pan to enjoy any time of the year!
Make these lamb kebabs a little more fancy than your usual bamboo skewer by spearing them on to a rosemary stalk – the grilled rosemary leaves at the end make them look a little extra festive too.
This marinade works with many meat and vegetable combos so if lamb kebabs don’t take your fancy but chicken does – change it up to your liking.
Calories per serving: 248
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
- 8 x 15cm (6-inch) stalks fresh rosemary
- 600g (14oz) lamb fillets, cut into 3cm (1¼-inch) square pieces
- ½ red pepper/capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the BBQ to medium heat, if using (can pan fry, read on for method).
- Remove leaves from bottom ⅔ of rosemary stalks and sharpen into a point, save approx 1 tbsp of leaves and finely chop.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, garlic, chopped rosemary leaves, lemon zest and season.
- Alternate threading lamb and red pepper onto rosemary stalks – brush with marinade.
- BBQ or pan fry kebabs for approximately 10 minutes, regularly turning and brushing with marinade.
- Serve with a side of low calorie, non-starchy veggies.
- Serve me as a starter or for the main event!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat or serve cold.
- Freeze raw, marinated kebabs for up to 2 months. Defrost and cook as per method.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for a convenient meal.