Prawn Cocktail with a Smokey Twist!
A healthy twist on an absolute classic. A prawn cocktail is quintessential at many families gatherings and parties, so we’ve switched things up to make it that little bit healthier with yogurt instead.
Gone is the less than healthy prawn cocktail sauce; we’ve pumped up the veggies and nutritional content in this simple crowd pleaser. Use precooked prawns or flash fry your own, to make this easy and delicious prawn cocktail at your next event.
Calories per serving: 227
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
- 500g raw, peeled prawns, still with tails
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 Baby cos lettuce, shredded
- ½ Cucumber, diced
- 2 spring onion
- 100g full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika + extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1-2 lime, juice
- Cook the prawns by flash frying in a pan or on the BBQ – they should only need a couple of minutes on each side. Set aside to cool.
- Make the sauce by combining yogurt, paprika, worcestershire sauce, chilli and lime juice. Season and taste – add more lime juice if required.
- Arrange the shredded lettuce, cucumber and avocado in cups/glasses – place in the prawns and spoon over the sauce
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- Freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost and reheat before serving.
- Batch cook and freeze in portions for a convenient meal.