Mediterranean Tuna Salad
A quick and convenient protein boost, tinned tuna is also a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Aim for sustainably caught tuna and look for tuna in extra virgin olive oil.
Calories per serving: 366
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: Nil
- 1 baby cos (Romaine) lettuce, washed and leaves torn
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, cubed
- 1 red pepper (capsicum), cubed
- 60g green olives, pitted
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- 190g tinned tuna in olive oil
- 50g feta cheese
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Fresh oregano, chopped
- Place the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, onion, cucumber, red pepper (capsicum) and olives in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Divide and refrigerate half the salad in an air-tight container, for left overs.
- To the remaining salad, add half the tuna and half the feta. Dress with 1 tbsp red wine vinegar and oregano. Serve and enjoy.
- If you are unable to find tinned tuna in olive oil, then choose tuna in spring water. When ready to use in the salad, drain the spring water and add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.