Mexican Baked Avocado and Eggs
This dish is full of protein and healthy fats, to start your day feeling satisfied and keep you fuelled until lunch!
Calories per serving: 279
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- ½ avocado, pitted
- 1 large free range egg
- 30g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ¼ lime, juiced
- 20g feta cheese, crumbled
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Scoop out some of the avocado half to make room for the egg. Keep the extra avocado for the salsa.
- Crack the egg into a mug, being careful to keep the yolk intact. Arrange the avocado half in a baking dish, resting it along the edge so that it won’t tip over. Gently spoon the egg yolk into the avocado hole, adding as much of the white that will fit. Gently place baking dish in the preheated oven and bake until the egg is cooked, which will take about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, assemble the salsa. Combine the tomatoes, coriander (cilantro), onion, lime juice, feta cheese and the leftover avocado chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the baked avocado eggs topped with salsa. Enjoy!