Grilled Spicy Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Avocado and salmon are both rich in healthy fats, so are important to include in your diet on a regular basis. Thankfully they are delicious too!
Calories per serving: 520
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 6-7 minutes
- ½ avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 150g salmon fillet*
- ½ lime, wedged
- Place the avocado, cherry tomatoes, coriander, lime juice and ½ tbsp of olive oil into a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Mix the chilli flakes and paprika together in a small bowl. Place the salmon on a plate (skin side down) and drizzle over remaining olive oil. Press the paprika and chilli mixture onto the salmon.
- Preheat the grill (preferably a BBQ grill or grill pan) to medium high. Once hot, place the salmon skin-side down onto the grill. Cook for 3-4 minutes, and then turn and cook for an additional 3 minutes (or until the salmon is cooked through)
- Serve the salmon with avocado salsa and a lime wedge. Enjoy!
* The great majority of salmon (and trout) in many countries is farmed and this does affect the nutrition content. We do encourage local produce however, food integrity is also important. Getting to know your local fishmonger will help you further understand the quality and integrity of your fish options.
Want to look at more low calorie, low carb Mediterranean style recipes you can do yourself? Find out more!
Looking to try the Fast 800 but need some extra recipes, advice and support? Try out the 12 week programme! All costing you less than a daily cup of coffee.