Portobello Toast with Herby Crust
Warm mushroom toast with a crunchy, cheesy crumb for texture and flavour.
Calories per serving: 342
Prep time: 3 mins
Cook time: 7 mins
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 20 g almond meal
- 20 g parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp fresh thyme
- ¼ lemon, juice and zest
- Turn the grill to high. Place the mushrooms on the baking tray top side down, drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place under the grill for 5 minutes.
- While mushrooms are grilling, grate cheese and mix with almond meal, thyme and lemon zest.
- Pull mushrooms out of grill and scoop the crumb evenly into the two mushroom cups, squeeze over lemon juice and return to the grill for 2 minutes or until crumb is golden. Enjoy!
- Some brands of cheese (including parmesan) may contain rennet so are not strictly vegetarian. Check the product you buy uses vegetarian ingredients. Brands vary, it is always important to read labels first.