Prawn Fried Cauli Rice
A super speedy recipe to use up non-starchy crunchy vegetables, with cauliflower rice to add extra fibre.
Calories per serving: 283
Prep time: 10 minutes (+ defrosting time for prawns)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 60g (2 oz) fresh or frozen beans
- 2cm (¾ inch) ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 200g (7oz) cooked, frozen prawns, defrosted (keep the juice)
- ½ tbsp tamari sauce
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ head of cauliflower, broken into small-medium florets
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor and chop until fine (the texture should be similar to rice).
- Heat oil in a wok or large pan over medium heat, stir fry the onion for a few minutes or until onion is starting to become translucent.
- If you are using fresh and/or uncooked prawn meat, add the prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the meat is mostly opaque and cooked through.
- Add frozen beans and reduce heat.
- Add the cauliflower, ginger and garlic and stir for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Make a well in the middle and scramble the egg by stirring it through the warm mixture.
- If you are using cooked prawn meat, add the prawns and warm through. Then pour in the juice from the prawns.
- Serve half now and save half in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later. Drizzle with tamari sauce and scatter with chilli flakes, if you like.
Leftover tip: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. We do not recommend freezing this meal if you have used frozen prawns. Reheat when ready to serve and drizzle over tamari and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- To ensure this recipe is gluten-free, please check the label of the tamari to ensure there are no sources of gluten.
- Swap the beans for any crunchy vegetables you have: carrots, peas, broccoli, etc.
- If you’re not fasting and would like to use brown rice rather than cauliflower – cook as per packet instructions and use 3 tbsp of cooked rice per person. Add the rice when you add the prawns.