Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
One of our most popular recipe on The Fast 800 Online Programme, this prosciutto wrapped chicken is easy to make, delicious and perfect for fasting days.
The prosciutto adds a lovely, saltiness sure to satisfy your taste buds. Serve alongside a variety of vegetables and you’re sure to be full until your next meal!
Calories per serving: 360
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- 150g skinless chicken breast
- 20g prosciutto
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 100g chopped tinned tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 50g spinach leaves
- 10g parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ lemon, zest and juice
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Flatten the chicken with a rolling pin until about 2cm/0.5 inch thick – wrap in prosciutto.
- Pan fry in half the olive oil until golden (a few minutes on each side) – it doesn’t need to be cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add garlic and onion to the same fry pan with the remaining olive oil and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato and oregano and warm through to thicken.
- After 5-10 minutes, add the spinach and stir through to wilt – then add the chicken back in and top with parmesan.
- Put the lid on and cook down for 15 minutes.
- While it’s cooking, make the topping by combining finely chopped parsley and lemon zest and juice.
- Serve up your prosciutto wrapped chicken and top with the parsley mix!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat and serve.
- You can batch cook this recipe and freeze in portions for up to 2 months. Simply defrost and reheat before serving.
- Make sure you choose prosciutto that is nitrite and nitrate-free. If you are following a gluten-free diet, check the product label to ensure it is also gluten-free.