Red Wine Spritzer – a new take on a classic
If you’re celebrating in a warmer climate – a red wine spritzer is the way to go!
Red wine is more commonly thought of as a winter drink on the Med-style diet, but many lighter reds work really well chilled. By combining wine with sparkling water you’ll get more to drink with less alcohol and sugar and enjoy a lovely refreshing red wine spritzer!
Calories per serving: 93
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: Nil
- 120ml dry red wine, chilled
- 120ml soda water, chilled
- orange slices
- ice (optional)
- Pour chilled red into a pretty glass filled with ice, top with soda water and garnish with an orange slice. Enjoy!
- We’d recommend a lighter red wine that works well chilled – something like a Pinot Noir.
- Mix up your garnishes – highlight tasting notes from your wine choice using frozen berries, or sliced apple.
Developed in conjunction with Dr Michael Mosley, The Fast 800 is an innovative approach to healthy living and weight loss based on the latest scientific research.
The online programme is for those that need more support and guidance for achieving long lasting health. Consult your healthcare professional and read our FAQs and medical disclaimer before beginning any diet or fitness regime.