Roasted Carrot and Quinoa Salad
A colourful side salad to compliment a shared meal with friends.
Calories per serving: 346
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
6 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground paprika
150 g quinoa
4 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp cumin seeds
6 spring onions (scallions), trimmed and sliced
10 g sunflower seeds
40 g cashews
80 g watercress
80 g bean sprouts
Fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan.
- Place the carrots in a roasting tray and sprinkle with the olive oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the turmeric and paprika in a pan of water, add the quinoa and cook according to pack instructions.
- Heat the sesame oil in a small pan and fry the cumin seeds and spring onions, sunflower seeds and cashew nuts for 3-4 minutes.
- Toss together the carrots, quinoa, nuts and seeds and serve on a bed of watercress and mung bean sprouts. Garnish with coriander.