Roasted Carrot and Quinoa Salad
A colourful side salad to compliment a shared meal with friends.
Calories per serving: 346
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
6 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground paprika
150 g quinoa
4 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp cumin seeds
6 spring onions (scallions), trimmed and sliced
10 g sunflower seeds
40 g cashews
80 g watercress
80 g bean sprouts
Fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan.
- Place the carrots in a roasting tray and sprinkle with the olive oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the turmeric and paprika in a pan of water, add the quinoa and cook according to pack instructions.
- Heat the sesame oil in a small pan and fry the cumin seeds and spring onions, sunflower seeds and cashew nuts for 3-4 minutes.
- Toss together the carrots, quinoa, nuts and seeds and serve on a bed of watercress and mung bean sprouts. Garnish with coriander.
Want to look at more low calorie, low carb Mediterranean style recipes you can do yourself? Find more here!
Looking to try The Fast 800 but need some extra recipes, advice and support? Try out the 12 week programme here. All costing you less than a daily cup of coffee.