- Prep time:20 mins
- Cook time:0 mins
These delightful little strawberry treats are sure to make your heart throb this Valentine’s Day. Ideal for sharing with a loved one, this super simple Valentine’s recipe makes an ideal post-meal treat while being relatively low in sugar at just 5g per serving.
Strawberries can help to limit inflammation, manage blood sugars, reduce the risk of conditions like heart disease, stroke, diabetes and high cholesterol, as well as containing a healthy dose of vitamin C to support your immune system. Strawberries are also low in calories so they’re a great, sweet option to enjoy on fasting and non-fasting days.
Topping the strawberries with chopped hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds provides that extra boost of healthy fats which can help keep you full all evening after your meal. Pumpkin seeds, in particular, have even been shown to improve heart health, fertility, mood, energy levels and sleep quality. Paired with the decadently dripped dark chocolate topping, which also improves mood and blood flow.
If you’re looking for more delicious recipes, our Programme which houses tonnes of tasty meals, ideal for every day or special occasions.
- 5 g hazelnuts
- 5 g pumpkin seeds
- 40 g strawberries, (about 4)
- 15 g plain dark chocolate (around 85% cocoa solids)
- Crush the hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds in a mortar and pestle, into a crumb.
- Cut the strawberries in half, and then cut a v-shape into the top of the strawberry to form a heart shape.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate in 20-second intervals, stirring each time, until melted.
- Dip the hearts into the melted chocolate and sprinkle on the nut crumb. Place onto a lined baking tray and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate has set.
- Serve straight from the fridge - best consumed shortly after being made.
Join our email community
Learn more about The Fast 800 approach to healthy living by receiving our free content, health tips and recipes as well as exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox.