Turmeric Chicken Salad
A twist on a simple chicken salad! Turmeric is a great spice to cook with as it not only tastes great but it also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Calories per serving: 433
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
- 300g skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin 5cm strips
- 3 tsp ground turmeric
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, seed and skin removed
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g spinach leaves
- Fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Add the chicken strips, turmeric and approximately 1 teaspoon of black pepper to a large bowl. Mix the ingredients together and cover the chicken evenly with the pepper/turmeric mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a small frying pan and place over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until the chicken is white throughout and browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, cut the avocado into chunks and add to a large bowl along with the tomatoes, spinach, coriander and mint.
- When the chicken strips are ready, add them to the salad ingredients and toss everything together. Divide over two plates.
- Drizzle half a tablespoon of olive oil over each salad and enjoy!