Turmeric Chicken Salad
A twist on a simple chicken salad! Turmeric is a great spice to cook with as it not only tastes great but it also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Calories per serving: 433
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
- 300g skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin 5cm strips
- 3 tsp ground turmeric
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, seed and skin removed
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g spinach leaves
- Fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Add the chicken strips, turmeric and approximately 1 teaspoon of black pepper to a large bowl. Mix the ingredients together and cover the chicken evenly with the pepper/turmeric mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a small frying pan and place over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until the chicken is white throughout and browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, cut the avocado into chunks and add to a large bowl along with the tomatoes, spinach, coriander and mint.
- When the chicken strips are ready, add them to the salad ingredients and toss everything together. Divide over two plates.
- Drizzle half a tablespoon of olive oil over each salad and enjoy!
Want to look at more low calorie, low carb Mediterranean style recipes you can do yourself? Find out more!
Looking to try the Fast 800 but need some extra recipes, advice and support? Try out the 12 week programme! All costing you less than a daily cup of coffee.