Turmeric Smoothie Bowl for Non-fasting Days!
Turmeric smoothie bowl, or golden as we like to call it! This delicious smoothie bowl is a perfect way to use your shakes powders on non-fasting days to boost your protein and fibre intake.
Combining turmeric and coffee is a taste sensation, with some amazing health benefits. Turmeric has been linked, by numerous studies, to reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer, along with improving brain function. This is because this mighty spice is packed with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Calories per serving UK: 452 calories
Calories per serving AUS: 457 calories
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: Nil
- 50g The Fast 800 Coffee Shakes powder or Vegan Coffee Shakes powder (Vegan version currently only available in the UK)
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup ice
- 50g plain full fat yogurt
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- sprinkle of black pepper
- 5g chia seeds
- 10g shaved coconut
Turmeric Smoothie Bowl Method
- Blitz all ingredients except coconut – pour into a bowl.
- Arrange coconut on top and enjoy!
Add 30-50ml black coffee if you’d like a little caffeine kick!
If you’re staying at home and have limited access to the supermarket, you can swap chia seeds for flax seeds, hemp seeds or simply remove them from the recipe.