Blueberry Vanilla Smoothie Bowl: High in Protein, Low in Sugar
Blueberry vanilla smoothie bowl – make this delicious smoothie bowl at home for a nutrient-dense breakfast or lunch. Combining healthy fats with fibre and protein, this recipe was created by our in-house nutritionist to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Smoothie bowls have become popular in recent years. However, they’re not always as healthy as they may seem. Our version uses a full serving of our shakes powder to make it taste like a sweet dessert while being surprisingly low in sugar.
Calories per serving UK: 275 calories
Calories per serving AUS: 288 calories
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: Nil
- 50g The Fast 800 Vanilla Shakes powder or Vegan Vanilla Shakes powder
- 100ml water
- 1/2 cup ice
- 50g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 50g blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 5g flax seeds
- Blitz the shakes powder with water, ice and the blackberries. Pour mixture into a bowl and let it thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Arrange remaining berries and flaxseeds on top.
If you’re staying at home, make use of what you have in; any berries can be used in place of blueberries and blackberries. Also, you can swap flax seeds for chia seeds, hemp seeds or simply remove them from the recipe.